Refurbed hiring Lead Backend Developer / Go (m/f/x)
Full remote work possible (European time zones only).
We are the fastest growing marketplace for refurbished electronics in the German speaking region and are based in Vienna. We are active in more than a dozen countries. Through our marketplace we sell completely renewed electronics like phones, laptops and tablets that are 40% cheaper and much more sustainable.
Learn more about how we work on our engineering website.
We are looking for a lead backend developer with a solid background in designing and implementing Go backend services to support us in improving our e-commerce platform and to lead a remote team of software developers.
- Formal education in computer science
- Significant experience designing and implementing backend services
- Significant experience with software development using the Go programming language
- Good knowledge of SQL and relational database design
- Experience in leading a team of software engineers
- Experience with working in an agile work environment (Scrum or Kanban)
- You have worked in a team of remote developers before
- You enjoy working with people
- You work independently and are goal-oriented.
- You have excellent English skills
- You are located in one of the European time zones
- Development of our main API
- Development of our smaller backend services
- Ensure a high-quality code base
- Be responsible for code reviews and merges
- Lead a team consisting of frontend and backend developers
- Hold regular 1-on-1 meetings with your team members and ensure team health
- Work together with product management and other teams
ADDITIONAL FACTORS WE APPRECIATE
- You have experience with PostgreSQL
- You are comfortable working with *nix systems
- You have experience working with NGINX
- You have experience working with RabbitMQ
- You have experience working on highly-available and fault-tolerant systems
- You are active in the open-source community
- Startup atmosphere
- Work with an experienced team of experts
- Regular code-reviews
- Challenging tech-stack
- Available as fully remote position
Things we want to see from you:
- Your CV
- Your expected salary
- Your Github/GitLab profile or open source projects you contributed to
- Other representative examples of your work that are relevant to the position
- If you are active in communities like StackOverflow, please let us know as well
For legal matters we state that the minimum wage for this position is 3129 € gross per month. However, depending on your qualification a higher salary is obviously very likely.
Amazing companies are looking for great talent.
Apply now to start working from anywhere.